Wednesday, March 9, 2011

So busy!

Hello all! Things have been super busy in the Sandberg shoe box! I've had up to 7 dogs in my wee little tiny basement sweet for 2 weeks now. With a Reckon, the energizer bunny, Itsy the foster dog I want to put in a meat grinder, and Snoop the incontinent Rottweiler, I've had my hands full!

We have all been very busy, Reckon turns 5 months on the 10th, and Beezer has his first AAC agility trial this Sunday. I've decided to put him into Starters Jumpers only, mainly because I want to take my time and make sure he's having a good time first and foremost and secondly we don't have our weaves yet. We're almost there though! We're at 4 poles at about 10 feet apart. He really should have them by now, there is no excuse. He loves doing them (what a strange dog, he gets the zoomies EVERY time we do a session), and I have the equipment etc. Lazy, lazy, lazy!

He can practice his 2on 2off anywhere!


In Reckon's part of the world, things just get better and busier! We're taking a handling class out in Cloverdale every Tues. Even though it's not really my scene, it's great socialization, and it gets us out and doing stuff. We were the laughing stock of the class our first time around the ring because Reckon, instead of trotting around the ring like a civilized young man, he would bite the back of my legs or jump up and grab my arms. Ouch!




I met a nice lady out there who has a Mal and does French Ring, so we're going to head over to her facility sometime soon and learn a few more obedience moves and see what else we can pick up!

I've also been taking him on a hike everyday, because without a little exercise grandma can't handle the furry ball of energy.





He also comes to agility class on Wednesday and Thursday nights. He's doing very well with his restrained recalls through the tunnels!




Although he's full of piss and vinegar, I can't seem to stop his on again, off again diarrhea. It's soooo frustrating to have a puppy who can't put on weight because he'll have regular poops one moment, then liquid soup, then back to normal all within a 24 hours period! We're going to send in some fecal samples to the lab and hopefully we can get this under control. Furthermore, his left ear is starting to sag a bit from teething. I still thinks he's quite a looker for a underweight floppy eared dog:)


And here's a lovely picture of Angel in the snow....which Amigo ruined because there were cookies involved and she didn't want me to forget about her...

Hai...cookies??!?

No comments:

Post a Comment