Sunday, March 13, 2011

Beezer's First Trial

Today was Beezer's big debut in the Agility world. He turned 18 months on the 25th of February, which is the youngest a dog can enter an AAC sanctioned trial. I decided to just enter him in 1 run, Jumpers. Originally I had planned to run Amigo in 4 courses, but she ended up going lame Friday afternoon. (Today she is almost 100% back to her regular self, but it took a few days of Metacam, rest and worry to get her here)! Anyways, since Amigo was out for the weekend, I put Beezer into Starters Gamblers.

He NAILED it!! Besides getting the zoomies and not doing the tire, his run was fabulous! I can hardly believe it. His first trial, his first run, and he gets a first place and a Qualifying run! 58 points all together. Go little dud puppy!! I guess I have to pick a new nickname, because he is flying out there, and having a good time to boot! Exactly what I like to see in my agility dogs:)




His second run of the day was Jumpers. I was a little worried, not only was this our first trial, but you may have noticed he missed his tire in his Gamblers run. Twice. Zoomies are wayyyy more fun!

It was a beautiful run, full of speed and joy. And it would have been a Q, if he just did the damn tire! Oh well, I've learned that I should have taken my time in gamblers and fixed it then. We had enough points at that point, so I could have taken my time and worked on it. I blame nerves for not thinking clearly!



Overall I was very very pleased with Beezer. I mainly want him to enjoy this sport, and he clearly does.

And don't think I forgot about Reckon. How could I? The little biting beast is really finding himself! Everybody he passed, whether they be human or canine, was his best friend! His prey drive is really coming out as well. Before the cats weren't that interesting, but now, we can bark and chase them for hours! Fun! So I have a few things to work with him, besides his obedience and agility foundation work...

Here are some pictures of our day out in Cloverdale.

Socializing with new people


Watching his future sport


Learning to chill


Photo op!


Ride Home

No comments:

Post a Comment