Sunday, April 1, 2012

She is going to be a little B*tch

At least that's what I see now. At 14 weeks and 18.4 pounds she is really coming into her own.

She also hit a fear stage late Feb, just before I left town for a week.  I HATE fear periods, and I am really really hoping this is what it is.  She is barking at everyone, especially men.  She's gone from a confident happy social pup to a fearful barking lunatic.  I HATE IT.

Make it stop.

I'm trying to be patient and take her out every day.  I try getting people to feed her if they are interested, but she is hesitant to approach them.  She is much better with women than with men.  If we can't get anybody to stop and feed her, I'll do the look at that game.  Problem is, people are usually walking, so she can still be barking when they leave.  Grrrrrrr.   I'm afraid she thinks barking makes them leave!

We will get through this.  We will get through this.  We will get through this.  Successfully.

Good thing she is still cute and tugs like a maniac.  And I may be bias, but smart as a freaking whip.

She has learned sit, down, wave, head nod, and we are now shaping scooting backwards on her butt.

Stationary commands are becoming difficult though, as she wants to offer the last trick she learned.

She still plays with Reckon all the time.  And she still looses her temper.  Poor R.  She gets a lot of time outs in her x pen for taking things too far.

But I love her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment