Saturday, April 23, 2011

Is everyone sitting down?

Because I have tremendous news! As of April 20th 2011, exactly 2 months after Reckon came into our family, Beezer and him PLAYED!!!
I have been waiting and anticipating this day since I first thought of bringing a puppy home. Beezer, though I love him very much, is a wee bit special. He is handsome, and smart, yes, but very insecure. I wasn't shocked to see that he wasn't thrilled with the addition of Reckon to the family. He tried very hard, but sometimes puppies get into his personal space, and he can't handle that. And Beezer takes his messages too far.
Anyways, after many stressed encounters and constant supervision, I went to my mom's place to pick up the dogs when I noticed Reckon's neck was soaking wet.
Hmmm,I pondered, water bottle perhaps? (he gets a little over the top when he finds a cat).
So I asked my mom "Did Reckon get sprayed with the water bottle?"

Mom: "no, why?"

Me: "Because his neck is soaking wet"

Mom: "Oh, that must be from when he and Beezer were playing."

Me: *puzzled look* "I'm sorry, I must have misheard that. Come again?"

Mom: "Beezer and Reckon were playing outside."

Me: "You mean Reckon and Amigo"

Mom: "No, Beezer."

Me: "Seriously? But how? When? DETAILS!!!!"

Mom: (not in the least bit aware how big this was): "We were all in the backyard together (after Beezer's second hike) and Beezer was doing his zoomies (a daily occurrence), Reckon would give chase. B would play bow, and Reckon would just stand there, dumbfounded. So B took off running again. More playbows, more dumbfounded looks from Reckon. After their third loop, Reckon playbowed first, Beezer followed and EPIPHANY! B ran towards R, who flipped on his back (he's not stupid) and Beezer proceeds to lay across his chest while chewing on his neck."

I found this hard to believe. I would interupt my mom's story with questions and shocked noises and squealing. I could hardly believe my ears! If only she got it on film.
This was the start of a wonderful thing, and I couldn't have asked for a better belated birthday present.

I bent down to give B a big hug and tell him what a good boy he is, when Reckon wandered over, and Beezer growled at him. Oh well. It's a start!

I later took the gang to my softball game, and was reward by seeing the boys play with my own eyes!

Here's the first video I got of them playing. Amigo is playing with Fritz. She loves him, even though he is 12 years younger than her:) It's cute watching the the brown dogs play and the black dogs play.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love it when our speshul dogs interact like normal, regular dogs? It warms the heart :D

    ReplyDelete