Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My, my what a huge...

...Post!

A lot has happened this past April. So I'm going to cram it into 1 blog post.

Even though I spend the beginning of April travelling to Vegas for my birthday and onto Scottsdale for a wedding


The dogs and I were up to a lot of stuff too.

On April 2nd, the Beezer was entered into his second agility trial. Even though he didn't have 6 weave poles yet, I entered him into Standard anyways. Regionals is coming up and it never hurts to practice. I also entered him into a Jumpers and Gamblers. Well, my boy is amazing!

Even though he has never seen 6 poles before, he did them anyways! It wasn't all that pretty, but it was enough for a first place and a "Q!"

Jumpers was absolutely beautiful, I was very impressed:) It earned us another first and "Q"


Gamblers was a bit of a gong show, but we still managed to pull it together to get our third First place ribbon and a "Q"

Such a superstar!!


After Vegas, Jess, Jody and I took Ryan, Reckon, Kepler, and Reckon sheep herding.
We went to the same guy we saw before, John. I've decided he's not the guy for us. Beezer is very nervous of the guy, and Reckon is not an easy dog. I was mainly trying to keep him from pulling me off my feet the whole time!





I let John take him for our second round, and although he did warm me he would have to be "firm" with Reckon, he certainly didn't mention hauling him around by his tail!




So between the fact that Beezer is too nervous around John to come towards me, and spends most of his time torn between coming and going, plus the fact that even Reckon was a little nervous of him (and can you blame him?), and even I don't even know what John wants half the time, I've decided to take the boys elsewhere when we herd the woolies again.





Amigo is doing great on Metacam every 3 days. She hasn't been sore at all, even doing her regular hikes!


Reckon isn't putting on weight as fast as I would like, but maybe that's because he's full of my MacBook charger that he chewed. Little F*@$er. That isn't cheap to replace!
April 19th he clocked in at 43.5 lbs. Yesterday he was only at 43.8 lbs.

I've also started to put some cream in his eyes, because they are getting super gunky, green and droopy. Just a few applications and they have improved a ton!

The next few weekend will be busy too. I've managed to talk with 3 people regarding French Ring/Schutzhund. This weekend we meet with a woman who is with the West Coast French Ring Club, and next weekend we meet with Ray Underwood. Both are just going to meet Reckon and see if he has any FR/SchH potential. I'm nervous!

I know he'll win everyone over with his good looks and charm.



Or he'll just run them over.



And finally, Heather and I got the boys together for a play date. Reckon really liked Rudy, but Rudy was a little unsure. So we put them on the couch together where Reckon was a little less intimidating. Cuteness ensued:)






And last but not least, our first family portrait


1 comment:

  1. Great job Beezer!! What a superstar :)

    And I have no doubt Reckon will be just as impressive in the French Ring!

    ReplyDelete