Monday, July 5, 2010

Part 2: I hate teenagers...

....a little less:)
Since he has turned 10 months old, I have felt less inclined to throttle him on a daily basis. We've now done a few hikes in a row with joggers, bikers and many other things that used to freak him out. I am proud to say that they don't seem to freak him out as much any more. I still don't trust him 100%, but he is doing so well! He mostly just ignores bikes and joggers now, as he is too busy running and running and running to take notice or even care. Big sigh of relief. SIGH.
Also he is less reactive to things in general. He's more manageable out and about in public situations( instead of reacting at everything in sight).
AND I took him to my last softball games in the hopes that he had matured and was less scared of men, and guess what? Success! He reacted only once to 1 guy, instead of barking his head off at everything(including me, when I was out in the field). Go Beezer! He even played politely with his new cousin, Kepler, who was only 9 weeks old.

I'd like to think that my fabulous training and hard work has been paying off, but I think maturity has also played a role. Whatever the reason, I'm happy to have a teenager that I can tolerate outside of the house.

I am still trying to tire him out though...that hasn't lessened with age in the slightest:)

No comments:

Post a Comment