Monday, May 10, 2010

Bragging rights.



Have I ever mentioned that I love Amigo? 'Cause I do. Lots. And I also like bragging about her too.

We've been taking lessons with Gerhard Thursday nights with Aunty Jody and Erika. I thought we should get extra instruction and practice, especially with Regionals coming up. I'm really enjoying the class, and so is Amigo. Gerhard has really yummy cookies that he shares.

We usually run 2 standard runs each class. They aren't that easy I may add, and are Masters level are higher. At the end of class, Gerhard picks one of the runs and has us run it again, but this round he times. I don't know what it is about a stopwatch, but everyone gets nervous.

As mentioned above, I love Amigo. I run agility because we both enjoy it, and even though she'll be 13 next month, she doesn't get sore. I do not push her. However, I am competitive.
Let's me set up the class for you. 8 dogs, most of them working breeds, and all drivey. Amigo is the oldest by a good 5 years. The group who runs before us has their dog's names and times written on a white board to make everyone more nervous. Again, a large class with mostly border collies younger than Amigo.

Here's where the bragging comes in. Amigo week and after week KICKS ASS! She either has the fastest time or comes in a close second. Not bad for a 12 year old Daschund cross!

Let's hope we stay in prime condition for Regionals next month!!

Brag over, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment