Monday, November 16, 2009

The Newest Addition


Welcome Beezer! A beautiful little boy was added to our family on Nov 8th, 2009. His mom was supposidly pure border collie, wieghing 30 lbs. Dad is anyone's guess. They're thinking Shepherd and maybe Boxer. I can see it, but I don't know if I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of dog that produces! My mom picked him out of three boys. Hardest decision ever. How do you choose between 3 fuzzy cuddly puppies?!?


He came from a rescue organization out in Surrey called S.A.R.A (Save Animals through Rescue and Adoption). When we arrived all the puppies were surrounded by numerous cats and even a few rodents (in cages of course)!
Although I didn't want to admit it, I was a little hesitant to get one of these pups. They didn't seem overly interested in people, and were a little nervous when petted. But I couldn't walk away. I just had to have one, for a very special reason. Beezer's birthday is bittersweet. He was born on the day I had to put my beloved Fyvish to sleep.

That evening my house was full of well wishers and looky loos getting a peek at the new baby.



Although I was thrilled to have a puppy in the house, I was scared. I thought we got the dud puppy. He was a little nervous, didn't really want treats, and was not the exuberant pup that had been Fyvish. I then realized that it was his first day in a new home with new surroundings. He needed time to adjust AND that I had to stop comparing Beezer to Fyvish. They are two different dogs.




As of today, we've had Beezer for just over a week, and I'm excited to say that we no longer have the dud puppy. He's definately coming out of his shell! The only concern I have with him now is his slight sensitivity to noise. Especially loud trucks. But we're working on it and we're getting better!

He's super smart and ADORES his big sister Amigo. I mean, adores, literally. He really really thinks she's all that with a cherry on top. She tolerates him, and is starting to play with him. Sorta.

The biggest feature change is his ears. They started off somewhat up, with one of them floppy. But now they sit on top of his head in a half up half folded look. I think he may be the first dog I have that has prick ears. How exciting!

Oh and he knows how to bark. A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment