Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Boys are dumb

Well, not all boys.  Girls can be dumb too.  But not all girls.

I'm not too sure what I'm trying to say.


So here's a picture:






That's Reckon's armpit. After he went after Beezer.


Beezer won.


Sigh.  I love my boys, but they certainly aren't perfect.  Reck can be an ass, and Beez is still nervous around him sometimes.

We were at Grandma's house and I came out of the laundry room door with a few tennis balls (God forbid there isn't enough to go around). All the dogs were waiting for me but Reck decided B was showing too much interest, or something.  Goodness knows what excuse he used to pounce on Beezer.

Well Beezer wasn't taking any of it and turned the tables.  Fast.  After a lot of pulling, yelling, punching and wondering why the f**k I have dogs, I got Beezer off of R.

And then there was blood.  A LOT of blood.  He wasn't weight bearing on either of his left legs.  A quick trip to the vets and a blood soaked towel later, it was confirmed that Reck had some nice deep punctures in his armpit.  Still no physical evidence as to why he wasn't putting weight on his back leg.

So we drugged him so we could shave the area.  He was VERY good, but it was so swollen and sore he didn't want the clippers near it.  I thought it may need stitches, but they vet was too busy, so we went home with pain meds and antibiotics.  It was very difficult to get him to walk, get up, lay down or pee.  He was so sore he didn't know what to do with himself.  Poor toughie.

The next morning I could see right away why R wasn't weight bearing.

When your leg looks like this, I doubt you want to do much with it.

I was happy to learn that Beezer didn't have a mark on him.  Reckon didn't even get the chance.  I'm pissed at both of them.  Reckon for starting it, Beezer for taking it too far.

Sigh.


Dr's orders were to crate Reck for at least a week.  Hahaha funny.

After about 3-4 days his leg went back to normal and he was driving me insane.  So I slowly increased his exercise.  He is back to normal exercise and seems none the worse for wear.

Beez is still a little nervous around Reck, but he doesn't seem to notice.

Aunty Sarah Dykes gave us some stuff to work on to create a healthier happier medium between the two boys.  Yay!



On the other hand, the girls are doing well.  Avion is at 40 pounds now! She is still full of more energy than I can fathom.  She still loves to play with balls.  Any balls



If only she can figure out how to fit them all into her mouth she would.




We also hit a big milestone!
She swam for the first time!!!!

And not in a swampy mud pit in Aunt Kira's backyard but in a creek!

I can't wait to find more (quiet, people free) spots for her to swim in!


Last but not least, Amigo is perfect as always.  I love her the most.  Still hiking at 15 every morning 
:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment