Monday, May 28, 2012

Lynn Valley Days

This past weekend Beezer was asked to participate in Lynn Valley Days Q ball agility demo.  I was happy to get my handsome boy out for a day of sunshine and agility.  He did so so well.  I wondered how he would do in a large crowd full of kids, but he wasn't bothered at all.  He performed flawlessly and even did a few zoomies in between runs :)
Happy boy.










I took R out to practice his stuff in between shows.  I didn't expect much since there was a lot of distraction.  He must be maturing.  He worked with me the whole time!  And since his favorite thing is people, I let him out a lot to socialize with kids.  I cannot express how happy it makes me trusting him with all those people.  He is such a good boy.


Avi was a bit overwhelmed at the beginning.  Walking through the crowd was a bit much for her.  The beginning of any outing usually gets her fired up.  I was pleasantly surprised that after a little bit, she settled in.

 I was able to work her around the crowd of kids on a few tunnels, and she was fine with people milling about.  I made sure that she could approach people if they wanted to say hello.  It's better if it's her choice.  At one point she was surrounded by half a dozen kids throwing food into her kennel, as well as 4 teenagers playing with her and her frisbee. Good girl!

At one point I had to tie her up while I packed up the car.  A woman went right up to her, leaned over and petted her.  That wasn't a problem.  She's just so funny to figure out.  Something I think would trigger her, doesn't at all.  Where as earlier she completely lost her cool.  Over a feather.




Even Amigo got to run in the demo!  She was so happy to do her thing.  And eat hot dogs.  She did the tunnels, jumps and weaves. No contacts, but she was flying!  I caught her once vacating the premises to visit the hamburger/hot dog tent.  Still a food hound :)

My mom took her home before I was able to get pictures of her.

All in all a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment