Thursday, December 3, 2009

Fyvish and his Chuck-it

One day while walking the dogs to the park near our house to play ball, Fyvish started screaming at me, which although not unusual, was a little out of context. He never screamed in this type of situation before. We had just stepped out of the front door, with all the various paraphernalia (chuck-it, 2 balls, poop bag, phone, keys, leashes, and sometimes a cat), when Fyv turned around and quite literally started to yell at me. I wasn't really too sure what he wanted and then bouncing started. He wanted the chuck-it, so I gave it to him.

Fine by me! I didn't think this would last long. He'd get over his excitement and drop it 15 seconds later. I was wrong. WHENEVER we went ANYWHERE with the chuck-it, he insisted on carrying it, and none too politely either. You weren't allowed to carry it, unless you were actually throwing the ball with it. You could take it out of his mouth, no problem, but he would whine and jump and act slightly neurotic until it was safely in his mouth again.

He definitely turned a few heads carrying a purple chuck it around. If he did drop it, for whatever reason, all you had to say was "Fyv, get your chuck-it" and he would willingly oblige, usually with a soft cry/chortle.

When we went to Cannon Beach one summer, I bet my mom Fyvish would carry his chuck-it from when we finished on the beach until we returned back at the hotel room (A good 30-45 min walk). We bet on an ice-cream cone. That evening my mom silently handed me over money for my winning bet.




Just another quirky characteristic that made Fyvish so special! I sure miss those funny antics of his. I wonder if Beezer will develop any funny quirks himself...

No comments:

Post a Comment