Monday, June 17, 2013

Regionals 2013

June 7th-9th were the BC/Yukon Regional Championships.

I wasn't feeling too nervous going into it, but after Saturday when Beezer came away with 2 ribbons, AND a 4th place aggregate score, you could say I was feeling A LOT more nervous come Sunday.






Sunday wasn't as good.  We got an off course in both Jumpers and Standard and he knocked a bar in both courses.  Our place on the podium was surely gone.

Except it wasn't.  As we were waiting for our qualifying ribbon, I patiently waited for our name to be called.

There were 24 dogs in our height category. They got down to 10th place...

9th...

8th...

Podium placements are 1st through 6th, so the last thing you want to hear is your name being called 7th...

Still, I didn't hear our names.  I glanced at my friends and wondered "Did I miss it?"

6th...

Holy fucking shit

5th...

4th...

BEEZER!!!!!!




That's right!!  My amazing brown dog got on the podium!!!  I couldn't have been more shocked or proud. 

Good boy Schoodger Bean! 





At this point I might have started tearing up. 


Love you Beez, you're a pleasure to run with. So happy and always giving it your best!


My only regret from the weekend (besides the sun burnt face) was not getting video.  Oops.

1 comment:

  1. I found this on internet and it is really very nice.
    An excellent blog.
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete