Wednesday, February 8, 2012

socializing 101

The best part about new puppies, in my opinion, is the socializing. I love taking them everywhere and seeing them take in the world. It's especially joyful when said puppy is confident and social. With Avion, I want her to learn to be calm when being handled and saying hello. Reckon missed this lesson and it's a humongous pain.

I also want her to work with me whenever and where ever. So I've been taking her to tons of places to explore. After she's done checking it all out, we work. Just a 15 second game of tug and focus is all I want. She's doing brilliantly.
It may take us 10 minutes to walk a block, since she's up and into everything, but she's a pleasure. I just love watching her.




We let every kid who wants to say say hello.




And this girl WILL be able to be crated at the vet clinic when I work, God dammit. I will have one dog that can stay in a kennel or crate and not scream their head off. This is part of our socializing routine. Learning to settle.



It's a work in progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment