Monday, January 23, 2012

That's crap

Do you know? Reckon eats shit. Yup, dog shit is a delicacy. He stopped eating it when I started taking him on his private walks. I thought he grew out of it.

I was wrong.

I started hiking him in the group hikes again. I injured my knee and 4 walks a day was just too much. He has been doing pretty good. Making good choices, but sometimes he is still an asshole. Our biggest problem is eating dog shit. He has such a sensitive tummy. And it may surprise you, but eating shit doesn't help.


So, because he can still be an asshole around young, intact males AND he won't leave shit in the forest or in poop bags where it belongs, I'm muzzling him. He doesn't seem too bothered by it, he will rub his head and nose along the ground, but he can still play and drink with it. It also seems to have a calming effect on him. He gets awfully aroused and over stimulated on some hikes.

Here is my favourite picture of him in his muzzle. He looks like a cross between Phantom of the Opera and Hannibal Lecter.



Guess who's cute?



This dog. That is Albus. My mom fostered him for a rescue group. He is a doll. Good with all dogs, cats, people. He looks like a cross between a Collie and a Border Collie. His fur is all wavy and he has a huge over bite. I'd love to give more info on how this guy was treated, but the people who bred and raised this guy are in deep shit (not the same kind R likes to eat). I hope justice is served.
He is neutered and his hernia repaired. I hope this guy goes into a well deserved forever home.

No comments:

Post a Comment