Monday, January 17, 2011

Jan Trial

Amigo and I went to our first trial since Nationals this past weekend. I decided to just do 1 day, as I had 6 dogs this weekend, and didn't want a whole weekend of chaos!

Tissot, the GSD had her first go at an agility trial. Considering she hasn't had any training since the summer, and the fact that she seems a bit "off", she did very well. I put her into Gamblers and Jumpers, and she tried her hardest and did her best all considering. Her "mom" is going to take her in to see the vet and maybe the acupuncturist as her whole posture isn't quite right.


Amigo's and I first run was Gamblers, which is our most challenging class. But we nailed it! She got the mini gamble twice AND the main gamble. A great surprise which earned us a "Q" and a second place!



Then was Standard, but she crossed behind me, and touched the A-frame, so we didn't place there.

Our second Standard went a lot better, and earned us a "Q" and a second place.



Then came Snooker. My least favourite class. It kinda went like this:
Red jump, Obstacle, Red jump, Obstacle, Red jump, Obsta...Look... a TUNNEL, and tweet. We're outta there.

Even though I was exhausted, I didn't want to end the day with that run, so I waited until the end of the day to run Jumpers, which is her favourite.
Maybe we should have quit after our second Q of the day...
To tell the truth, it was a very difficult course, and she did very well, but she decided (and from my lack of handling), that straight lines were more fun.
If you listen to the video closely, you can hear commentary from the audience. They're impressed with her speed and pure joy at the sport at 13 years young!

No comments:

Post a Comment